Monday, February 28, 2011

By Choice

Yesterday as I was reading in the scriptures, I came across something that gave me cause to pause.  In this particular verse, even though the speaker/author was talking to the people of his time, I couldn't help but feel the application for today as well.  He says

   Behold, if ye were holy I would speak unto you of holiness; but as ye are not holy, and ye look upon me as a teacher, it must needs be expedient that I teach you the consequences of sin.    (see reference here)

Ye look upon me as a teacher... Even though this scripture was given and written in an earlier time, as a reader I certainly am looking to him as a teacher.
As an adult, I choose to go to church even though I may sometimes think it's boring, I choose to read scripture even though I may have read it before.  I choose these things because I don't know all the answers and I turn to sources I believe will teach me what I do not already know, or may need to be reminded of.  Is that perhaps why any of us go to church or read scripture--because we are looking to be taught?

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Kristin and will check back in! How is the 12-week challenge going? Sure do miss you guys. Much love. Mariam

    ReplyDelete