Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life Lessons

Tonight's dinner reminded me of two things I have learned in my life.

1)  Store-brand boxed macaroni and cheese is just as tasty as the big-name brand.  The cook just has to know how to make it right. [Hint:  less butter than the box suggests, a little more milk, do not overcook the noodles, sometimes add a little grated cheddar cheese]

2)  Pan-fried hotdogs are MUCH tastier than boiled hotdogs any day.  I wish I'd known this when I was younger because I ate way too many boiled hotdogs and didn't know the better taste I was missing out on.

1 comment:

  1. I read this in the wee hours and then store-brand mac and cheese was the subject of conversation between another mom and myself today, too funny. Sometimes I go all kinds of crazy and throw it under the broiler for a minute or two to get DH to eat it.

    Good luck with the house project - I've just got the basement left on mine...which could take a year to finish to be honest.

    ReplyDelete